Learn more about how to schedule the reports to your Email ID.
Open the report that needs to be scheduled
Select how often you want to run the report like Hourly, Daily, Weekly, or Monthly, and proceed to the next step. Click on Save and continue.
Pick the time when the reports need to be delivered. Click Next.
Enter Email: Enter the email address to which you want to send your reports. You can add more than one E-mail address by separating them with a comma.
- Enter CC: Enter Email IDs to which you want to Carbon Copy the email. This step is Optional.
- Enter BCC: Enter Email IDs to which you want to Blind Carbon Copy the email. This step is Optional.
- Reply Email: Enter the Email address to which the person on the receiving end can reply. This step is Optional.
- Personalized Fields: The tool makes it convenient to draft the e-mail. You can drag and drop the personalized fields into the Subjects box or the Contents box.
- Email Subject: Write a brief subject for the email.
- Email Contents: Write a brief description of the scheduled report for your recipient.
Select Report Format: You can choose between Excel, CSV, and PDF formats for your Report.
Select Attachment Type: You can choose between .zip, File, and Link type for your email attachment.
- .Zip: You will receive the report in a compressed .zip format. The file is low in size. The report is contained in the file. The report can be viewed by extracting it from the .zip file.
- File: You will receive the report file as it is, in the email attachment.
- Link: You will receive a download link for the report, in the attachment. You can download the report by clicking on the link.
Ignore Blank Reports: Choose whether you want to receive a report without any active data.
For Example :
You have scheduled a Daily Sales Report. Let's consider that one of the days, there were no sales in your store. If you don't want a report without any data, then select 'Yes'. If you still want to go ahead and receive the empty report, then select 'No'.
Advanced Excel Options
- Static File Name: You can choose to have a static/fixed file name for the scheduled reports. Normally the file name changes according to delivery date & time.
- Header Text: Add a header to your report, which will be shown at the top of the report.
- Text Color: Add a custom color to the Header text. The color is set to Black (000000) by default. You can double click on the field and select a colour, or manually add a hex code.
- Background Color: Add custom background color for the Header cell. The color is set to White (FFFFFF) by default. You can double click on the field and select a colour, or manually add a hex code.
- Text Size: You can vary the text size from 12 to 24. It is set to 12 by default.
- Text Alignment: You can align the text in the cells to left, right or centre. It is set to 'left' by default.
- Output Preview: Gives you a preview of the excel sheet with the changes that you've made.
Finally, click the 'Save' button.
Good Job! You have successfully scheduled the reports to your Email ID.