FAQs related to Data Sync
How do you sync my store records when I install the app?
- When you login to your Report Pundit account for the first time, we automatically synchronize all of your Shopify records. This can take just a couple of minutes, or many days, depending on the size of your database. Returning visits require a much shorter sync time. Click here to get an estimated sync time.
Can I use Report Pundit while records are syncing?
- When using your Report Pundit account for the first time, we must perform a complete record synchronization of your Shopify store. Although you will be able to view and access most parts of Report Pundit, you won’t be able to create/build reports until synchronization has been completed. This ensures your data is 100% accurate.
When was the last time my data was synced?
- We refresh your records each time you access the app, or schedule a report.
- Sync also takes place by default every 6 hours, irrespective whether you access the app or not.
Why is Data Sync necessary?
- Once the Shop Data is synced with Report Pundit, the report generation occurs instantaneously. For the report to be generated at such rapid speeds, Data Sync is a prerequisite.
Will my data remain within Report Pundit after uninstallation?
- According to the Shopify rules, if you delete Report Pundit, all the synced data will be deleted automatically, 48 hours from the time of uninstallation. However, you can sync the data again if you choose to re-install Report Pundit after 48 hours.
Does the inventory quantity field always show the current inventory?
- Yes. The current inventory of the product will be updated in the Shopify API and when you sync the data, the new inventory values will reflect in Report Pundit.
- Shopify will not have the past inventory history in the API. They only update the current inventory in the API.