Changelog for version updates to Data Export software.
We have added a completely new-look user interface (UI) and an exciting new user experience (UX) for our customers using Data Export.
Here are a few things to look forward to as part of this product update:
- Provide users with an improved UX (user experience), fresh new look and improved navigation and UI (user interface)
- Direct access to all pre-made reports and saved reports in a side-bar which is available on most pages of the app. This way you can quickly switch between reports.
- You can search for your saved reports and templates using the search bar which is available in the Reports page and the sidebar.
- Improved design responsiveness for users who use the app on their mobile phones and tablets.
- An easy walkthrough to create a custom report, which you can find on the Builder page.
- We have replaced the terminology for "fields" to "columns" throughout the app.
- Small UI improvements to the report layout.
- Formatting and Currency options can be accessed though(cog wheel) button, which opens as a side-bar.⚙
- Filter, Sort and Column selectors have been moved into dropdowns which can be accessed by clicking the respective buttons.
- Our database has been optimized to load your reports at faster speeds.
- Updated infrastructure with improved security, to prevent any breach.
- Updated Pricing to make our app the most feasible and hassle-free reporting app on Shopify app store.
These changes have been rolled out and the documentation will be gradually updated!
We have changed "is NULL" and "is NOT NULL" to "is BLANK" and "is NOT BLANK" respectively for better understanding, but their function remain the same.
We have introduced a new interface for the reports dashboard. The report templates have been categorized based on the report types and listed vertically for easy navigation.
Now you can export and schedule the reports to PDF format. You also have an option to choose between portrait and landscape.
We have enhanced the app security with this new feature, which allows you to set a password for the app.
This restricts the staff to enter the Data Export app without the shop owner's permission.
Users can create a password on the Account page, under 'My Password' section.
Once the password is created, the User gets an option to Disable the password, under the same section.
Disable Password - This option clears the password set. Anyone can enter the app without a password.
We will soon be adding an option to reset the password in our upcoming updates.
Personalized Fields: This new tool makes it convenient to draft the e-mail. You can drag and drop the personalized fields into the Subjects box or the Contents box.
Email Subject: This has been newly added to write a brief subject for the email.
Data Export has been revamped with a new and user-friendly interface. You can see a complete change in design.
All the changes have been meticulously made to enhance the User Experience.
- Accessibility to complex features has been made convenient.
- Design is simple, intuitive, and straightforward.
- Functionality of the app has become faster.
All the screenshots and videos of the new interface can be seen throughout our documentation.
Shopify introduced the Order Editing feature a few months ago, which allows merchants to add products/quantity and remove products/quantity.
Edited Sales Report reflects all the changes/edits that are made to the records of your Shopify store.
If we create a report, opting 'Sales' or 'Order' as the report type, then the changes made in the orders will not be reflected in the report.
Whereas, when we select 'Edited Sales' as the report type the edits will be reflected in the report.